Monday, September 22, 2008

a soup a week




to celebrate this new season of fall that starts today i decided to make some soup. One of my favorite things about fall besides layering, coats, and leaves falling is soup. I love soup and especially homemade. I have a standby veggie soup i will make soon but to start my soup season i thought i would start easy and use a chicken noodle soup mix and add veggies and leftover salsa elizabeth had made for the party on saturday. it is really good and I hope to eat it throughout the week if it lasts. I am going to try to make a new soup a week for a quick one person dinner. soon I will add homemade bread i just don't have any yeast for that right now.


do you have a favorite soup i should try?

3 comments:

janellentigan said...

1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes (with chiles and lime if you can find it)
1 can of corn
onions
celery
spices (i used a spare pack of fajita seasoning)

Saute the celery and onions in the pan
Add beans, corn, tomatoes, spices and one can of water.

Bring to boil and then simmer.

tada! black bean soup

Stephanie said...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jamies-Minestrone/Detail.aspx

This is one of my favorites! Makes lots! We add sliced kielbasa sausage to it.

SDP said...

Throw some diced green pepper, onion & garlic, salt & pepper into a soup pan to saute in butter and oil, add 4 cups of chicken/veggie broth and bring to a boil, add a big can of crushed tomatoes and a bay leaf and bring to a boil and let simmer on low for 15 minutes. Add 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup shredded parm, a splash of lemon juice and tabasco and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil when served. YUM! Straight to your arse! (from the Dinosaur BBQ cookbook: Syracuse NY)