Sunday, August 24, 2008

fun weekend





this weekend was so fun. we went to the farm to celebrate dad's birthday. there were a great bunch of people out there to celebrate a terrific man.


we enjoyed climbing trees, seeing chickens, eating good food, hanging out with cousins and grandparents and relaxing.


I realized this weekend that the farm puts me in a totally different mindset. Sure I think about naps and schedules but I enjoy not thinking about the next errand I have to do or the email that hasn't been checked. We are so blessed to be able to visit and enjoy one another in a beautiful place and that two of my favorite people live so close.

3 comments:

vantiganloos said...

I try not to put up TOO many pictures of Jacob, but it's SO hard!! at least you have a good excuse, being the mom and all...

janellentigan said...

What a great reflection about the farm, Katie. I completely agree. I gotta figure out how to get myself there in the middle of the semester...hmmm.

You son is really great. I miss him, of course!! He's looking to big!!

janellentigan said...

And! That picture of you, Jacob, and Mary Alice is really good! You look so much like yourself, it's crazy!