i cannot get my kitchen floor clean. i get on my hands and knees and wash the floor and then seconds later, really maybe not seconds but it feels that way the floor is dirty. im embarrassed because socks are always dirty even if i have just cleaned. you know that swiffer commercial with the baby crawling on the floor. tried swiffer. not only does it stink so bad it doesnt work. ive been using 7th generation all purpose cleaner and a hot rag but still no luck. any ideas?
6 comments:
i predict mandy will tell you to use borax. Very nice!! How much?
Katie Tigan: I believe Marie Antoinette said, "let them eat dirt!" I just try and keep the dog hair out of Stewie's face... If I could ever accomplish that feat... and I suffer from OCD so... Nice to have Lizzie share our blogs. Its great to see the fun of another mom, especially you! Enjoy having your sister back in your life, we'll miss her dearly. Love, Suarez
Okay, you probably don't want to use this stuff, but when my floor gets that nasty scum on it, I resort to a strong mix of ammonia and blazing hot water. Put it on the floor kinda thick in an area and let it sit for a few minutes and then mop up that section and move to a new section. Then go over the whole floor with vinegar/water mix. I've also used a Mr. Clean magic eraser on my white floor to get up the spots that seem to have dirt embedded in them -- but I don't think your floor is white. Once you get it clean, you can also put on a layer of Mop and Shine or something similar. It does seem to put on a coat of finish that makes it easier to clean the next time.
Or -- you can just wear slippers in the house. Keeps the socks clean and you won't feel the dirt on the bottom of your bare feet. :)
Seriously, I remember this issue being one of my biggest at our house in St Paul....I guess wood floors hide the dirt a little better but with little ones there is Always stuff on the floor.
Just remember to never use ammonia and bleach together! Possibly fatal
I'm going to say borax. I've never tried it on floors since it is only my latest favorite cleaning item to have around and we have wood. I do use it on everything else though and it seems to work just fine. It's really great on my stove.
Blah, I hate those floors that never stay clean. That's exactly how our floor was in Urbandale, it always drove me crazy!
Good Luck!
so funny. yeah-our kitchen floor is white, always dirty, and not easy to clean. We use a murphy's mopping mixture. I don't think it *actually cleans* anything. It, however, creates the illusion of cleanliness until the next mopping
Post a Comment